A little break never hurts anyone. We all need a vacation for a change in pace and to get rid of the stress that comes from following a routine for a long time. Even psychology says that people should go on a vacation from time to time to become more productive in their daily lives. As a student, when you plan to go on a vacation or take your child on vacation, you are supposed to inform about it to the principal/teacher. This is done by writing a vacation leave letter for school. However, since writing a vacation leave letter for school is a formal affair, you need to keep the format and certain rules in mind. Here’s everything you need to know about writing a leave application to your principal or teacher.
Rules for Writing Vacation Leave Letter for School
- While you write a leave letter for your child, make sure you clearly mention the reason why you are writing a letter to the principal or teacher. You should also know who the recipient of the letter is going to be. If it is the student’s principal, be specific and mention the principal’s name and designation. However, if it is the student’s teacher, make sure you mention the teacher’s name.
- Specify very clearly when the child is taking a vacation. You should mention the dates from when to when the child is going to be absent. Also, mention when the child is going to join back school after coming back from the vacation.
- Most school officials are more concerned about how taking a vacation and missing classes would affect the child’s academics. This is why, as a responsible parent, you should mention how you’re going to handle the classes that your child will be missing.
- It would also be a good idea to write something that would convince the principal or teacher that the vacation would help the child. Mention that this vacation is very much needed for your child for a change in place and to be a more productive student.
- Try to keep the tone of the letter formal. Since you are communicating with people who are formally associated with your child, you have to maintain a formal style of writing. Also, as you write vacation leave letter for school, make it a point to proofread your letter and check if there are any spelling or punctuation mistakes.
Sample vacation Leave Letter for School
When you sit to write your letter for your child, you can refer to the sample letter that we have mentioned below to write in a flow. While dates and other information would change for you, the overall format and flow of the letter would be the same. Besides going for a vacation, this letter sample can also be used as a guide while writing a letter of absence from school for vacation. Here’s a sample letter for you.
Your Ward’s name
Grade of the ward
Date- When you write the letter
The Class Teacher/ Principal
Subject: School Leave Request
I am writing this letter for requesting leave for my ward… (mention your child’s name), who is studying in grade (mention grade). I plan to go on a family vacation dating from 25th March 2018 to 31st March 2018. My child will join back school as soon as we are back in town.
Since it has been a long time that I took my child on vacation, I think this is a much-needed vacation for her. She has been a performer at school and even in extra-curricular activities and has been exerting a lot of efforts. As a result, I have been witnessing a lot of stress in her lately. I believe this vacation would prove to be good for her mental health.
For any classes that she misses, I will make sure I dedicate extra time and help her cover up for what is missed. Since my husband and I are getting leaves from our organization, this is the only time when we can plan a vacation. Since I am informing about our vacation well in advance, I also hope you would accordingly schedule the submissions of assignments.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope you accept this request so that we can go on a vacation.
So, these are few samples on how to write a leave application to the principal of your child. While this is how a parent can write a letter to the principal; you can even write the form as a student by making a few changes in the subject form.
By keeping the one speech in mind, writing a vacation leave letter for school in this format would help you. As a parent, it’s crucial that you take responsibility and initiative, and provide proof in the letter that this vacation can be useful for your child. Try requesting a change in the scheduled submission of your child’s assignment. A vacation is to relieve any built up stress so that your child can get back to academics and be a productive student. However, as soon as he/she returns, if he/she is bombarded with submissions, the vacation wouldn’t make sense. Hence, don’t forget to mention assignments, if any.
Ensure that you mention all the required details, like the date from when your child will be absent to when the child resumes his/her classes. As a responsible parent, make sure the child joins back, as soon as possible, after the vacation so that he/she does not have to miss too many classes. With a well-written letter submitted to the principal, you can aptly pack your bags for your vacation, and you’re ready to go and have an amazing time with your family. The above article deals with writing a letter for a student, but if you are looking to draft a letter requesting your manager for a vacation then you could look at these samples for leave request mail to manager for vacation, and you could also check some additional tips to draft a leave application for trip with family.